The Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, March 23, 2012

Angel's Landing

This is one of my favorite hikes.  
Glenn, Me, Stafford, Christian, Porter, Finley
The crew that made it to the top.








There was a little cave that you could climb into and then peak out.  Porter climbed in in order to scare Uncle Stafford and Cousin Finley.  His plan was foiled when a couple, minding their own business, came by first.  They thought it would be a great place for a photo.  As the guy climbed in, Porter was coming out and the movement of a large object scared the guy to death.  He said he thought it was some kind of animal.  Our family motto - A good scare is always worth a few extra minutes of one's time.
Porter hurt his ankle a few days before and when jumping down off a rock on the hike, he hurt it again.    Keep in  mind that Porter is not a little kid anymore and close to 80 pounds.  Dad to the rescue.

3 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

those pictures make my hands sweat and my heart skip a beat. it looks terrifying.

Dorothy said...

What beautiful pictures! This is one of our favorite hikes as well, but we haven't been brave enough to take our kids yet. You're our inspiration! I honestly believe this is one of the most breathtaking views in the entire world.

Kelly said...

I have to admit that it seemed a lot more risky once I had my kids on the hike. It was more dangerous than I remembered, but it was still a great experience.