1. I had planned to wake up at 6am to exercise before the kids woke up. I left a note the night before so I wouldn't forget in the morning. It instructed them to call me when they woke up so I could come home. I was dead asleep and I heard my phone ring. When I answered it, it was Porter. "Mom, there's a sign here that says to call you when we wake up." It was 5:51am. Next time I'll wait and put the note up in the morning.
2. I like the taste of mangos, but I have to make sure I don't smell them before they go into my mouth. I think they smell like a newborn baby's poo. It doesn't taste like it. Well, I think it doesn't taste like it. I guess I don't really know. Hmmm. Just had a thought...
3. The word "Pow" is a word that has grown in frequency in my vocabulary. To me it has a slightly comical ring to it. I read part of Stephen King's memoir. He told about his 200 pound babysitter that would literally sit on his face, fart and holler "Pow!". He explained the entire situation as not being a big deal; it was just how it was. How weird! Who does that??? What a weird mental picture. Sorry I brought it up.
4. I could eat chips and salsa every day and still feel I lived a good life.
5. Girl Scout Cookies tasted better when they had a bit of trans fats in them.
6. Saw Hunger Games last night. Enjoyed it. Haven't read it. Will put it on my "to read" list. Horrible premise, yet I couldn't turn away and even found myself wanting to stay.
8. Sharp pain in my chest. The good news was that it only hurt when I'd breathe or move. Other than that... Thought it was gallbladder issues after Birthday Party Extraordinaire Weekend. Went to the Dr. Turns out it might be pleurisy. Sounds horrible. I use it for my advantage. When I was late dropping off the boys on Wednesday. I told their leaders that I couldn't help it because I have pleurisy. Worked like a charm.
10. My favorite color is green. It used to be yellow.