Home School

About 9 months ago, I didn't know any home schooled families personally. If you would have asked me then I would have told you that home schooling is a last resort. What about the social?

Well, some of you know, some of you don't. We took a good part of last year and home schooled Christian part of the day and then went to Sage Creek Elementary for supplemental classes. For us, this was a great option.

We belong to a group called Homeschooling Friends and it is just that. A bunch of friends that all home school. During the school year there is a co-op where we go to "school" for three periods on Friday. There are fun classes like human body, dance, art, etc. With the same group we meet weekly in clubs for each age group.

Below are some pictures from the Little Boys Club (ages 4-7). We met at Gloria J.'s house. We painted rocks and then played. The boys found a snake and Gloria brought out a chart with all different snakes on it and taught them an impromptu lesson on snakes.
The boys have found great friends that they look forward to playing with.




The apron didn't do it's job.



So, at one point I didn't know much at all about what it is like to home school and before I know it, I am considered a home schooling mom. Wow, the directions that life takes you! We'll see to what bends and bumps the road ahead will lead.

Comments

Alex said…
I have really loved the homeschool group and boys club! I hope I can get to know you better!

Popular Posts