After School Chews

I hesitate to post this because, no, this will never be a food blog and I'm not trying to make it one, but I do want to remember some things that I try so I can try them again later, if I so desire.

These Chews make a simple after school snack or a pre/post-workout snack for about 100 calories each. I really liked them. The test will be in 10 minutes when the kids walk through the door. (Update - they liked them enough to eat them, but not rave about them. I will make again.)

They take 5 minutes to make and only use 1 bowl.

1/4 cup sunflowerseed butter
3 tbsp organic brown rice syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup puffed millet (health food store)
1 tbsp chopped carob chips (optional)

In a medium sized bowl, stir together the sunflowerseed butter, brown rice syrup, and vanilla. Microwave on high for 35-45 seconds. Mix and immediately add in the puffed millet cereal and carob chips. Stir until fully mixed.

Shape the mixture into balls. Press mixture together firmly so it will hold. You can eat them right away or freeze and eat straight from the freezer.

This makes 7 golf-ball sized chews and was adapted from a recipe on Oh She Glows

Comments

Popular Posts