Lazy Summer Days



I feel like we have been running fast all summer long.
The next couple of weeks are going to be a sprint to the finish.
I kind of hope the boys experience some boredom between now and the time school starts.
I think being bored is part of summer.
When you think you are so bored that you will cease to exist at any moment,
you welcome the busy of the school year.
You welcome having something to do and somewhere to be.

I was so pleased to look in the back yard and see Warrick and Chelsea just laying there in the shade of the tree.
Doing nothing.

While I have enjoyed the full days and moments of discovery with the boys this year, 
I felt it a beautiful thing to see a boy laying by a cat.
With nothing to do.
Nothing pressing.
Only childhood can provide that.

Comments

Popular Posts