Duck Dynasty

Years ago my family used to love Dirty Jobs - everyone but me.  
It just wasn't enjoyable to me.  
So when Duck Dynasty became a popular show, I was quite certain that it would be a show that everyone would enjoy it except me, the only girl.  
I wanted to watch What Not To Wear not a gross and dirty show!  I still don't see why seeing gross things is fun.  So we never ventured into the Duck Dynasty Realm.  Then I read this quote from Phil Robertson, a person on the show who was being bashed because he said he believed something that didn't fit in with the gay agenda.  
He said, 
"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.  
The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them.  
The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do.  
Both are nonsense.  
You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."
I loved that.
And so, we gave the show a try.
I think I love it more than anyone in the family.
It makes me laugh.
I love that they put family first.
They are relaxed in the work place - mostly.
They really seem to enjoy life the best they can.
And I love how each episode ends with a prayer at a family meal time and a few words that ring true about living.
This show is a keeper and one that we all love.
Now when I see their pictures in Walmart I feel like I'm seeing old friends.
Yep, I like it that much.



Comments

Popular Posts